UB

Skip to main content

Baltimore City Fair, Inc. Records

 Collection
Identifier: R0042-FAIR

Scope and Contents

This collection consists primarily of financial records, but also includes newspaper clippings.

Dates

  • 1971 - 1991

Historical Note

Begun in 1970, the Baltimore City Fair was held annually each September as an urban counterpart to county Fairs held throughout Maryland. Until 1984, the fair was held in various venues in the Charles Center-Inner Harbor area.



In 1985, it was moved to a site beneath the Jones Falls Expressway. After four years it returned to the Inner Harbor then into Festival Hall for its twentieth year. A last City Fair was held at Memorial Stadium in 1991, but the organization and the tradition ended when the next year’s fair was cancelled.

Extent

1 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

The financial records were donated to the University of Baltimore by Charles M. Solomon in 1995 and John Carroll Byrnes gave the additional papers in 2001.
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Baltimore Regional Studies Archives Repository

Contact:
H. Mebane Turner Learning Commons, Room 104
1415 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore Maryland 21201 USA
410-837-4253