Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore Records
Scope and Contents
The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore Records document the organization's work promoting the business, commercial, and industrial development of the Baltimore metropolitan area circa 1960-1980. Materials are mainly textual and include correspondence, minutes, administrative files, financial records, housekeeping records, industry analyses, certifications of import, and reference files of Baltimore’s principal business organizations.
- circa 1960-1980
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
The Baltimore Association of Commerce, the result of the merger of the Baltimore Board of Trade with the Merchants and Manufacturers Association in 1924, became the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore in 1964. The Chamber functions to promote civic, commercial, industrial and transportation development of the Baltimore metropolitan area.
57 Linear Feet
The records of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore were deposited at the University's Baltimore Regional Institutional Studies Center in 4 accessions between 1974 and 1978. The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore on January 23, 1978.
Materials separated from this collection at acquisition and held at UB Special Collections & Archives include:
- Board of Trade of Baltimore City Records (R0017-BOT)
- Baltimore Association of Commerce Records (R0006-BAC)
Collection is currently unprocessed.
- Baltimore Association of Commerce
- Baltimore Board of Trade (Baltimore, Md.)
- Boards of trade
- Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore
- Commission on Governmental Efficiency and Economy (Baltimore, Md.)
- Economic history
- Export and Import Board of Trade of Baltimore
- Industrial Bureau of Trade
- Maryland--Baltimore Metropolitan Area
- Merchants and Manufacturers Association (Baltimore, Md.)
- administrative records
- financial records
- Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore Records
- Finding aid created by UB Special Collections & Archives staff. Revised by Aiden Faust (2011). Revised by Laura Bell (May 2020).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note