Citizens Housing Council of Baltimore Records
Scope and Contents
This collection documents the early activities and history of the Citizens Housing Council, an organization of social workers who advocated for improvements for low-income housing in Baltimore, Maryland, between 1940 until its merger with the Citizens Planning & Redevelopment Association in 1941. Materials are mainly textual and include meeting minutes from the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, bylaws, resolutions, newsletters, documentation of the organization's merger, correspondence, lecture materials, and reports.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
The Citizens Housing Council was proposed by a group of social workers in early 1940 to advocate better standards for low-income housing in Baltimore, Maryland. The Council incorporated in May 1940 with 120 members. In the summer of 1941, it merged with the Citizens Planning & Redevelopment Association to form the Citizens Planning & Housing Association.
0.63 Linear Feet (1 container)
Collection is arranged in three series:
- Organizational Records
The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by the Citizens Planning and Housing Association on November 24, 1980.
Accessing Digital Copies
Digital versions of items in this collection are available online. Locate records by using the "Print" button above, or browse records in “Collection Organization." Records with associated digital objects are identified with a red Digital Object icon.
- Citizens Planning & Housing Association (Baltimore, Md.) (Organization)
- Finding aid for the Citizens Housing Council of Baltimore Records
- Finding aid created by Special Collections and Archives staff. Revised by Aiden Faust (2011). Revised by Laura Bell (May 2020).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description