UB

Skip to main content

Health and Welfare Council of Maryland Records

 Collection
Identifier: R0054-HWC

Scope and Contents

The collection contains pamphlets, reports and ephemeral items from the organization's library.

Dates

  • 1933 - 1992

Creator

Historical Note

The Health & Welfare Council was established in 1933 as the Baltimore Council of Social Agencies. It was a planning, coordinating, and research agency concerned with health, recreation, welfare and employment problems and services in the Baltimore metropolitan region. The staff researched and prepared reports on needs and problems associated with human services. The council also provided information to service agencies and to the public. In 1992, the HWC succeeded by the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations.

Extent

130.9 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

The original collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by John G. Geist, HWC Executive Director, in two accessions: February 15, 1974 and January 30, 1975. An additional accrual was donated by Peter V. Berns, Executive Director of the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations, on June 11, 1992.

Accessing Digital Copies

Digital versions of items in this collection are available online. Locate records by using the "Print" button above, or browse records in “Collection Organization." Records with associated digital objects are identified with a red Digital Object icon.
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Baltimore Regional Studies Archives Repository

Contact:
H. Mebane Turner Learning Commons, Room 104
1415 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore Maryland 21201 USA
410-837-4253