UB

Skip to main content

Maryland Churches United Records

 Collection
Identifier: R0067-MCU

Scope and Contents

Annual reports, minutes, newsletters, newspaper clippings, films, correspondence, financial records, church historical information projects.

Dates

  • 1971 - 1975

Creator

Historical Note

The Maryland Churches United was founded in 1971, after the Maryland Council of Churches dissolved in 1970. It was an inter-church agency for Christian cooperation whose mission included furthering Christian education and communication, missions, social service and social action.

Extent

8.4 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

The collection was originally part of the Maryland Council of Churches (MCC) records, which were donated to the University of Baltimore by Walter C. Houck on October 8, l973 and were collected in multiple accessions between 1973 and 1977. The Maryland Churches United records were part of an accrual that was transferred on August 4, 1977.
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Baltimore Regional Studies Archives Repository

Contact:
H. Mebane Turner Learning Commons, Room 104
1415 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore Maryland 21201 USA
410-837-4253