Maryland Vietnam Veterans Leadership Program Records
Place requests at folder level.
Scope and Contents
The Maryland Vietnam Veterans Leadership Program Records documents the functions and activities of the organization. The collection contains reports, newsletters, correspondence, financial records, grant applications, newspaper clippings, and press releases. Some of the organization functions represented in the collection include job training and leadership training initiatives.
- Maryland Vietnam Veterans Leadership Program (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
The Maryland Vietnam Veterans Leadership Program was a federal initiative administered through the volunteer agency, ACTION. Baltimore was one of six pilot cities for the program, which encouraged successful Vietnam veterans to assist their fellow solders with challenges associated with returning to life after combat. Improving local job opportunities for returning veterans was one of the primary objectives of the MVVLP.
11.08 Linear Feet (11 containers)
Language of Materials
Collection is arranged into two series:
Source of acquisition unknown
- Peer counseling in rehabilitation
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Veterans' Affairs. Subcommittee on Education, Training, and Employment
- Veterans--Counseling of
- Vietnam War (1961-1975)
- clippings files
- financial records
- Finding aid for the Maryland Vietnam Veterans Leadership Program Records
- Finding aid prepared by archives staff. Revised by Laura Bell (2022). Revised by Aiden Faust (2011, 2023).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description