Mount Washington Preservation Trust Records
Minutes, correspondence, and financial records related to a Baltimore neighborhood land trust.
- 1989 - 2003
- Mount Washington Preservation Trust, Inc. (Organization)
3 Linear Feet
Mt. Washington Preservation Trust is a non-profit organization established in 1989 by residents who wanted to protect wooded areas and green space within their Baltimore City neighborhood. The organization maintains parcels of public green space and encourages private property owners to retain underdeveloped parcels of land. It holds conservation easements for over 25 intentionally underdeveloped acres and maintains approximately 40 community gardens, including the Mount Washington Arboretum, a one-acre project started in 1999.
The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by Robert D. Feinstein, MWPT Secretary, on January 25, 2002.
- Botanical gardens
- Community development, Urban
- Conservation easements
- Conservation of natural resources
- Environmental protection--Citizen participation
- Land trusts
- Land use--Environmntal aspects
- Land use--Planning
- Maryland--Baltimore--Mount Washington
- Mount Washington Arboretum (Baltimore, Md.)
- Open spaces
- administrative records
- financial records