Original Northwood Association Records
Scope and Contents
Collection includes 10 boxes containing records describing the work of this constituent group of the Northwood Covenant Association between 1955 and 1995. In addition to general records, one section of the collection documents the work of a Task Force regarding a shopping center, and another section includes a drawing of an address on Argonne Drive. Materials are mainly textual and include various records documenting the covenant community, meeting minutes, correspondence, and newsletters.
- Ahlers, John Allan, 1895-1983 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Development of Northwood began in 1930s. Architect John Ahlers designed and managed Original Northwood's development. Created as a covenant community, Original Northwood's approximately 400 homes require approval from the community's governing board prior to any alterations to their exteriors. The area was designated a National Historic District in 1998.
9 Linear Feet (10 boxes)
Language of Materials
Collection is currently organized in groupings of materials housed in each box. The Vouchers, Greater Northwood Covenant Association section includes a folder inventory and some digitized materials.
The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by Dean Wagner on January 6, 2003.
Accessing Digital Copies
Digital versions of some documents in this collection are available online through this finding aid. Locate records by using the "Print" button above, or browse records in “Collection Organization." Records with associated digital objects are identified with a red Digital Object icon.
- Finding aid for the Original Northwood Association Records
- Finding aid prepared by Special Collections and Archives staff, circa 2003. Revised by Aiden Faust (2011). Revised by Laura Bell (2022).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description