Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains clippings, brochures, correspondence, photographs, books, and other artifacts documenting the Polish community and its history in Baltimore and Maryland.
Chester L. Wickwire (b. 1913 – d. 2008) was a social and political activist who advocated for civil rights and social welfare and fought against segregation in twentieth-century Baltimore, Maryland, and who was a Chaplain emeritus of Johns Hopkins University. This collection documents his work with Levering Hall YMCA at Johns Hopkins University, his position as Chaplain, and his social advocacy work.
- Civil rights 1
- Genealogy 1
- Personal papers 1
- Polish American -- Societies, etc. 1
- Polish Americans 1
- articles 1 ∧ less
- Archives of Maryland Polonia 1
- Baltimore Committee for Political Freedom 1
- Baltimore YMCA 1
- Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance of Baltimore 1
- Johns Hopkins University. Levering Hall YMCA 1