Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract The Baltimore City Office of Civil Rights (now named The Office of Civil Rights and Wage Enforcement) is the city agency responsible for enforcing the federal and local civil rights laws and wage laws. The office includes three commissions and one board: the Community Relations Commission, the Mayor's Commission on Disabilities, the Wage Commission, and the Civilian Review Board. This collection documents the Community Relations Commissions’ work throughout the second half of the twentieth...
Scope and Contents Collection contains materials documenting the work and history of the Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. organization between 1958 and 2018. It includes program descriptions and history, minutes, reports and financial statements, surveys, tenants' manuals, correspondence, reports and studies, and newsletters. Also included are papers of the Research Advisory Committee and the Leadership Council for Fair Housing in Maryland. Also present are outreach materials, photographs, artifacts, audiovisual VHS...
Abstract Fred E. Weisgal was an active Baltimore civil rights attorney, Israeli government official, and jazz musician. Mr. Weisgal’s career began in Baltimore in the 1940s when he fought and won a suit to admit black students to the Maryland Institute art school. He then joined the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) where he continued to fight for civil rights. Weisgal represented a number of noteworthy civil rights cases during his career in Baltimore before emigrating to Israel. This collection...
Scope and Contents Minutes, correspondence, subject files, financial records, flyers, newsletters, and photographs.
Scope and Contents 6 transcripts of oral history interviews conducted in 2010 by UB students
- Subject: Discrimination in housing X
- Baltimore City Office of Civil Rights . Community Relations Commission. 1
- Baltimore City. Office of Civil Rights 1
- Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. 1
- Fells Point Planning Council (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Konheim, Rena 1
- Leadership Council for Fair Housing in Maryland 1
- Nix, Elizabeth M. (Elizabeth Morrow), 1964- 1
- Northeast Community Organization (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Northeast Real Estate Conservation Program 1
- Peaker, Harry 1
- Pond, Virginia 1
- Potts, Efrem E. 1
- Robinson, Chartruse 1
- Shulman, Arthur 1
- Southeast Community Organization (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Southeast Council Against the Road (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Southeast Development, Inc. (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Weisgal, Fred, 1919-1991 1 ∧ less