Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content Note This collection documents the activities of the Church Women United of Greater Baltimore between approximately 1926 and 1996. The collection includes organizational records representative of the functions and administration of the group. Materials include newsletters, brochures, correspondence, reports, financial statements, statistics, membership lists, public relations information, photographs, and materials related to events and programming. Some significant topics represented in this...
Abstract Eva Anderson was the artistic director of the Baltimore Dance Theater, which later became Eva Anderson Dancers, Ltd. Anderson’s choreography aimed to perpetuate American dance with a special emphasis African-American dance forms. The Dance Theater performed primarily in Baltimore and the Maryland area, but also traveled around the U.S. and the world. One of Anderson’s dances, “The Elephant,” was originally performed at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Zoo in Washington, D.C. This...
Scope and Contents The Helen Delich Bentley Papers span the dates 1945-1995. The collection documents the activities of Helen Delich Bentley, who was a maritime reporter for the Baltimore Sun, a television show producer, Chair of the Federal Maritime Commission between 1969 and 1975, and U.S. Congresswoman between 1985 and 1995. It also contains materials documenting Bentley’s political campaigns and materials related to Bentley’s time in international maritime business. Materials are mainly textual...
Scope and Contents Correspondence, financial records, newspaper clippings, manuscripts, and photographs. The material in the collection deals primarily with Mary Owings Miller's activities as a poet, editor, and publisher. Personal correspondence is limited.
Scope and Contents Correspondence, magazine and newspaper clippings, travel souvenirs, articles by Risteau, poster, yearbook, and books.
Scope and Contents Three pamphlets
Scope and Contents Dissertation research materials on women in 19th century Baltimore.
Scope and Contents Minutes, correspondence, reports, student files, and publications
- Subject: Women X
- Ready, Samuel, 1789-1871 2
- Samuel Ready Scholarships, Inc. 2
- Samuel Ready School (Baltimore, Md.) 2
- Trustees of the Samuel Ready School for Female Orphans 2
- Anderson, Eva (Dancer) 1
- Andrews, Lyman, Jr. 1
- Baltimore Dance Theatre (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Bentley, Helen Delich 1
- Church Women United 1
- Church Women United of Greater Baltimore 1
- Coleman, Elliot 1
- Eva Anderson Dancers, Ltd. (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Gogarty, Oliver St. John 1
- Hart, Richard 1
- Housemann, Joy 1
- Jacobsen, Josephine 1
- Kellaway, Frank 1
- Maryland Historical Society 1
- McDonald, Patricia Ann, 1976- 1
- Miller, Mary Owings, 1900- 1
- Miller, Raymond B. 1
- Mitchell (Family: Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Mitchell, Clarence M. (Clarence Maurice), 1911-1984 1
- Mitchell, Juanita Jackson, 1913- 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Republican Party (Md.) 1
- Risteau, Mary Eliza Watters, 1890-1978 1
- Sandeen, Ernest 1
- Shapiro, Karl 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Federal Maritime Commission 1
- University of Maryland, College Park 1
- WMAR-TV (Television station: Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Wallis, Charles Glenn 1
- Wallis, Eleanor Glenn 1 ∧ less