Baltimore Association of Commerce Records
This collection contains committee meeting minutes, reports, audits, and membership lists from the Baltimore Association of Commerce dated 1924-1980. The collection documents the work of the organization board of directors and executive committee, general committees, and organization audits.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
8.25 Linear Feet
This collection contains meeting minutes, reports, audits, and membership lists from the Baltimore Association of Commerce dated between 1924 and 1980. The BAC was the business and civic organization of Baltimore and predecessor to the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore.
The principal business and civic organization of Baltimore, Maryland, the Baltimore Association of Commerce was the result of the merger of the Board of Trade of Baltimore with the Merchants and Manufacturers Association in 1923. The latter organization published Baltimore magazine from its inception in 1907 and the Association continued to publish this periodical as well as monograph reports on Baltimore. In 1964, indicating its interest in Baltimore County and adjoining Maryland counties, the BAC became the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore.
Collection is arranged in 3 series:
- Executive Committee & Board of Directors, 1924-1975
- General Committees
- Audits, 1936-1955
The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore on January 23, 1978.
Materials separated from this collection at acquisition and held at UB Special Collections & Archives include:
- Board of Trade of Baltimore City Records (R0017-BOT)
- Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore Records (R0022-CCMB)
Collection was processed by Special Collections & Archives staff. Series 3, Audits, 1936-1955, does not currently include a folder inventory.
- Baltimore Association of Commerce Records
- Finding aid created by UB Special Collections & Archives staff. Revised by Aiden Faust (2011). Revised by Laura Bell (April 2020).
- Description rules
- Language of description
- 2011: Descriptive fields added
- 2014-2016: Finding aid prepared from legacy finding aid and added to database
- April 2020: Descriptive notes added