Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview This collection documents the advocacy work of the AIDS Legislative Committee (ALC), a grassroots non-profit organization in Maryland, between 1989 and 2007. It documents the administration of the ALC, the ALC's positions regarding Maryland HIV/AIDS legislation, the advocacy work and testimonies provided by the ALC, and other materials related to HIV/AIDS in Maryland.
Scope and Contents This collection documents the activities of the Empower Baltimore Management Corporation and its 19-year existence in Baltimore, Maryland spanning 1988 to 2013. The collection includes 78 linear feet of documents and program materials related to workforce development, job creation, neighborhood empowerment and revitalization, and evaluations for the programs.
Abstract Eva Anderson was the artistic director of the Baltimore Dance Theater, which later became Eva Anderson Dancers, Ltd. Anderson’s choreography aimed to perpetuate American dance with a special emphasis African-American dance forms. The Dance Theater performed primarily in Baltimore and the Maryland area, but also traveled around the U.S. and the world. One of Anderson’s dances, “The Elephant,” was originally performed at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Zoo in Washington, D.C. This...
Scope and Contents This collection documents the history of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center of Baltimore and Central Maryland (GLCCB) between 1979 and 2015. The bulk of the collection is a set of "Gay Life" newspapers dating from 1979 to 2014. The collection also includes GLCCB program files, GLCCB photographs and posters, Pride festival planning records and ephemera, artifacts from the former community center on Chase Street and The Hippo nightclub, and memorabilia from the community....
Scope and Contents Minutes, correspondence, press releases, financial records, news clippings, and publications collected by agencies preceding MCH.
Scope and Contents Minutes, correspondence, reports, photographs, and publications.
Scope and Contents Administrative records, correspondence, and marketing material relating to grants to individuals and institutions throughout the Baltimore community.
Scope and Contents Minutes, memoranda, and correspondence
Scope and Contents 30 oversized scrapbooks with clippings, publicity, index of associated charities
Content Description The White Lung Association Records document the history and work of the non-profit Baltimore-based organization between 1979 and 2005. Materials in the collection include organizational correspondence, WLA Newsletters, WLA training manuals and 8x10” transparencies, legal case files and related documents, project file notebooks, subject file/clipping notebooks, and audiovisual materials, including photos, VHS tapes, and DVD discs. Topics of note documented in the collection include labor...
- Subject: Nonprofit organizations X
- AIDS Legislative Committee 1
- Adrian, Marlene J., Dr. 1
- Anderson, Eva (Dancer) 1
- Baltimore City Public Schools 1
- Baltimore Dance Theatre (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Bell-McKoy, Diane 1
- Bethlehem Steel Corporation 1
- Community Chest of the Baltimore Area 1
- Community Fund of Baltimore 1
- Duarte, Denise 1
- Empower Baltimore Management Corporation 1
- Eva Anderson Dancers, Ltd. (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Fite, Jim 1
- Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Baltimore 1
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center of Baltimore and Central Maryland 1
- Goldseker, Morris 1
- Maryland Committee for Children 1
- Maryland Committee for Group Day Care of Children 1
- Maryland Committee for the Day Care of Children 1
- Maryland Senior Citizens Hall of Fame, Inc. 1
- Morris Goldseker Foundation (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Retired Teachers Association of Baltimore City, Inc. 1
- Solomon, Liza 1
- United Fund of Central Maryland 1
- Weimer, Deborah J. 1 ∧ less