Found in 110 Collections and/or Records:
This collection documents the activities of the Commission on Government Efficiency and Economy in Baltimore, Maryland between 1929 and 1974. Materials are mainly textual and include organizational records and articles of incorporation, meeting minutes of the board of trustees and the executive committee, correspondence, adminstrative files, financial records, research reports, newspaper clippings covering Baltimore local issues and related national topics, and publications.
This collection documents the activities of the Community Economic Development Program in Baltimore, Maryland between 1960 and 1980. Materials are mainly textual and include reports, planning documents, newsletters, and Regional Planning Council files.
The collection consists of two accessions of materials totaling 18 boxes of unprocessed photographic material from the Digital Harbor Foundation. The photographs in the collection, including 200 color prints, document Baltimore City life with an emphasis on youth and recreation. The photos were found in Digital Harbor's facility at 1045 Light Street in South Baltimore.
The Edgar Allan Poe Society Records document the activities and functions of the Society relating to its annual programs, readings, lectures and events. The collection also includes materials relating to the preservation of the Edgar Allan Poe House and tours provided there for visitors. Materials in the collection include meeting minutes, commemerative program documentation, correspondence, subject files, publications, clippings, photographs, and financial records.
The Emmart Memorial Award was established in 1974 by the A.D. Emmart Memorial Fund, Inc. to honor Baltimore journalist A.D. Emmart and to recognize published journalism and writing related to the humanities. This collection contains materials related to the history of the A.D. Emmart Award and the administration of the Award contest between 1974 and 1993.
This collection documents the activities of the Empower Baltimore Management Corporation and its 19-year existence in Baltimore, Maryland spanning 1988 to 2013. The collection includes 78 linear feet of documents and program materials related to workforce development, job creation, neighborhood empowerment and revitalization, and evaluations for the programs.