Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials documenting the business and economic revitalization work of The Baltimore Economic Development Commission (BEDC) in Baltimore, Maryland between 1968 and 2010. Some significant topics included in the collection are urban renewal, transportation, development, local businesses, committee work, and government programs among others. Materials are mainly textual and include minutes, project reports, publications, reference materials, correspondence administrative...
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials documenting the history and work of the Baltimore Urban Renewal and Housing Agency (BURHA) between 1962 and 1967. Materials are mainly textual and include Commission meeting minutes, Design Advisory Panel meeting minutes, fiscal and budget information, correspondence, press releases, reports, project and grants information, publications, and other material submitted to members of the agency’s governing commission.
Abstract Betty Garman Robinson has been a community organizer in Baltimore, Maryland since the 1970s. She has contributed to multiple nonprofit and grassroots organizations including Citizens Planning and Housing Association (CPHA), Baltimore Neighborhood Collaborative (BNC), Save Middle East Action Committee (SMEAC), Northeast Good Neighbors (NEGN), and others. In 2003, Robinson was awarded an Open Society Institute Fellowship to teach the history of social justice and community organizing in...
Scope and Contents This collection documents the early activities and history of the Citizens Housing Council, an organization of social workers who advocated for improvements for low-income housing in Baltimore, Maryland, between 1940 until its merger with the Citizens Planning & Redevelopment Association in 1941. Materials are mainly textual and include meeting minutes from the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, bylaws, resolutions, newsletters, documentation of the organization's merger,...
Scope and Content Note This collection documents the activities and functions of the Citizens Planning and Housing Association (CPHA) in Baltimore, Maryland between 1936 and 2010. It contains a significant amount of materials documenting the organization and history of CPHA, committees work, conferences and seminars, the office of the president, the executive director's files, research initiatives, the functions of the Baltimore County office, photographs and media dating 1941 to 1997, collected artifacts, various...
Scope and Contents Correspondence subcommittee minutes and reports, cartographic records, case files, consultant reports, federal grant applications, survey returns, special project files, general files, housekeeping records, and photographic slides.
Scope and Contents By-laws, correspondence, minutes, contracts, legal papers, accounting records, cost estimates, newspaper clippings, mailing lists, membership lists, speeches, and housing plans. This collection includes records that focus on efforts to rebuild "slot housing" on Carey Street and apartment houses in Shipley Hill. Also included are records on housing construction on Fulton Avenue, rehabilitation of the Gay Street urban renewal area, and relocation housing for displaced African Americans in East...
Scope and Contents Records of Larry Reich related to his work in urban planning in Baltimore City.
Scope and Contents Policy papers, master plan, budget proposals, area socioeconomic surveys, project status reports, personnel records, press releases, photographs, graphics, and reference material.
- Subject: Urban renewal X
- Greater Baltimore Committee, Inc. 3
- Movement Against Destruction (Organization) 3
- Baltimore (Md.). Urban Renewal and Housing Agency 2
- Boitnott, Carolyn 2
- Citizens Planning & Housing Association (Baltimore, Md.) 2
- Mikulski, Barbara 2
- Model Urban Neighborhood Demonstration (Baltimore, Md.) 2
- Aull, Gloria 1
- Baltimore (Md.). City Council 1
- Baltimore (Md.). Economic Development Commission 1
- Baltimore (Md.). Model Cities Agency 1
- Baltimore Development Corporation 1
- Baltimore Economic Development Corporation 1
- Baltimore Industry Development Corporation 1
- Charles Center (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Citizens Housing Council of Baltimore 1
- City of Baltimore Community Action Agency 1
- Civic Center (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Fells Point Planning Council (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Greater Baltimore Committee, Inc. Planning Council 1
- Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions 1
- Legg Mason Realty Group (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- McCloskey, Ann 1
- Mitchell, Parren 1
- Mount Royal Improvement Association 1
- Mount Washington Improvement Association (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Murphy, John C. 1
- Neighborhood Design Center (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Neighborhood Development Corporation 1
- New Town Non-Profit Housing Corporation 1
- Paterakis, John, Sr. 1
- Reich, Larry 1
- Robinson, Betty Garman 1
- Sea Host, Inc. 1
- Sondheim, Walter, Jr., 1908-2007 1
- Southeast Council Against the Road (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- United States. Office of Economic Opportunity 1
- Ward, Thomas H., 1927-2016 1
- Waterfront Coaltition (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Westinghouse Corporation 1 ∧ less